Wednesday, June 17, 2009

True Purity. Have I been faithful?

There is something I cannot begin to place a finger on. That something is buzzing in my heart and spirit. It is a feeling of missing, of perhaps great longing. For what, I do not as of yet know. But I believe [as cliche as it sounds] it has something to do with waiting for my future husband. Yes, I am technically pure on the outside, but if my heart were to become visible on the outside would people be shocked, disgusted, disappointed? If God looks at the heart to judge purity and holiness as He states in Matthew 5:28 then am I truly pure? Or only in the natural? Am I really pure on the inside, the place where it matters the most? The place where God alone judges? [1 Samuel 16:7] . Honestly I cannot say that I am. I suppose that longing in my heart is for change. To turn my heart around and prepare it for the Lord and the man He has chosen for me. How can I be so critical and lay such a standard on him to remain pure in every way when I myself are not reaching my own standard? Perhaps this pain I feel in my soul is that of remorse and conviction.
I just now watched Rebecca St James "Wait For Me Song" which I have known for a long time and I was convicted as tears rolled down my cheeks. Romance is something beautiful to be treasured and well worth waiting for. Oh the pure joy of being able to give my heart over whole and in one perfect piece to the man of my dreams. I want to do the best job I can at waiting. Tears run down my face even now as I type. Even if my heart has been torn and cut the blood of Jesus is able to cleanse and mend all the damage my sinful ways have wrought. Praise Him!

The answer to keeping a pure heart? Keep the Word of God in you're heart. The Lord through King David revealed the key to keeping a pure heart in Psalms 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you". [NIV]

So I suppose the big question I challenge you to today is. Have you been faithful with you're heart? Lets examine ourselves honestly and make changes where we see the need and also ask Holy Spirit to reveal to us the things we don't notice that need adjusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment