Monday, February 9, 2009

More than a devotional relationship.

This morning as I groggily rolled out of bed, the thought came to my head; "Must read devotional, to start the day". It was sort of like a ritual, not a real "I'm going to do this because I love Jesus", it was more like a "I have to. It's the right thing to do. I'll be successful if I do this ." (Which is true but it shouldn't be the only reason we choose to spend time with our Lord). As I picked up my Bible and my "Faith to Faith" devotional I sensed the Spirit of the Lord say; "I don't want a devotional relationship with you." That really hit hard. He wants so much more than a ritual, run-of-the-mill relationship with us. He wants a love relationship. I want that too, but my flesh screams at me when I feel the tug on my heart to come away and spend quality time with Jesus throughout the day and to really abandon all for just an hour. I have to break through this first step that seems so tough to experiencing a fulfilling love relationship with Christ. Because it's so worth it. Oh so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment