Saturday, January 31, 2009

19yrs

This, my 19th year on this earth I have looked forward to this year more than any year. Most of my other teenage birthday's I was mellow, wistful, lonely, sad and wanting more in life. This year I am instead excited about turning a year older and fulfilling all the plans God has for me this year. I don't want to sit on the sidelines and watch. I want to be involved in what the Spirit of God is doing. Yes, my foe, 'fear' is screaming at me but how long will I continue to listen to him and stay locked in the cage I've put myself in?
It is an uncomfortable illusion of comfort this prison. I used to think that one day someone or something would supernaturally come and break me out, but I have realized that the door is pretty much already open (I have the key) and the Lord is gently calling me out. I want to follow, desperately.

Well today is Febuary 1. How January flew.
There is more I want to write but I must get ready for church.
The Lord IS my Shepherd. He is a GOOD father. I will trust in Him.

All my Love Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment